Monday, March 7, 2011

Our New "Bible Basket"




As part of our new morning routine, I've put together a "Bible Basket." I'm on the lookout for another name for it, but that's all I've come up with so far. The purpose is for the kids to develop their own personal, quiet time with the Lord.


I do my own devotional time in the mornings. The original intention was to have it done before the children wake up. However, lately, I've been having some early risers. Many times, I've sent them back to bed, but I do not feel right about that. It could be that they're not needing as much sleep right now. Also, I'd love for them to be able to see me spending time with the Lord as well. So, in came the Bible Basket. Now, if they wake up early, they can use the things in their basket while I do my Bible study.



This week, we are learning about Creation during our Bible time. So, in the basket, I've put one of their children's Bibles, the felt Creation pieces, and a children's worship cd. I plan on switching the pieces out at least every week with every new story. Sometimes, I may switch them out more frequently with something new to go with the story. This was our first morning using it. So far, it has worked wonderfully!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!

jess_hak said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! I agree with you that it really is very important for children to see their mommies and daddies spend time in the Word. Leading by example is so important. This is just a fantastic way to get them involved in their own personal devotions to do right along side mommy (or daddy). I will have to start collecting stuff to do this with my kiddos. Thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

What a fabulous idea!! I will definitely be stealing this for our "early risers" as well.
Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment