Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tiny Talk Tuesday



I've been trying to do a better job of recording the cute things that my kids say. It is so fun to look back and read them later on. I've just discovered Tiny Talk Tuesday and thought this would be a perfect motivation for me to keep recording these. Here are a few things my kids said over the weekend...

While driving to the fireworks, a frog hopped in front of our car....

Me: Lexy, why do you think that frog is out this late at night?

Lexy: Perhaps he's nocturnal.

I love her use of the word "perhaps" lately. Also, it is my understanding that not all species of frogs are nocturnal, and I am not sure what time of frog hopped in front of us. But, I was pleased that she remembered "nocturnal." It's been a while since we've talked about nocturnal animals.

While watching the fireworks...

Alex: What color was that firework?

Josiah: Oscar (referring to a green firework).

Alex continued asking Josiah the color of the fireworks, and Josiah continued answering by using the names of Sesame Street characters. A red firework was Elmo and blue was Cookie Monster.

2 comments:

In Everything said...

love 'perhaps';) And saying the frog was nocturnal.... so much fun when they remember words like that.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Love the Oscar color firework! Wonderful!

Post a Comment