Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our Advent Tree

november09-040



I finally finished my preparations for our advent activities this year...just in time. I used the ideas found at Hubbard's Cupboard. She has all the scriptures, books to read, and activities all typed up to print off. I decided against making a chain and opted for putting the strips on this tree instead, due to the fact that a chain wouldn't survive my 21 month old. It turned out cute. Each strip has a number on the outside. Lexy will find the number according to the day and open it up. We will read the scripture and discuss it. Then we will read the Christmas book that goes along with the Scripture or idea and do the activity listed each day. I was pretty happy with the activities listed because it had all the major things that I wanted to accomplish...baking cookies, caroling, making gifts, crafts, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment